[Good paid]you guys can write a couple of "english slang"

[复制链接]
6068 47
pear  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-5 19:30:25 | 显示全部楼层
ye ye new stuff thank you ar~!

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-5 19:43:12 | 显示全部楼层
i\'ll try to think of new ones every 2 days or so ^^ ...keep on checking this post
Q(^.^Q)    ♡§мإ Ŀε♡ Ŧăkз м3 ăώǻЎ

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
pear  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-5 19:57:44 | 显示全部楼层
i will i will thank you la so that i can improve every two days  haha

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-6 16:14:22 | 显示全部楼层
::::::MY PLANS/ DREAMS/ ETC ```WENT DOWN THE TUBES/DRAIN.... IN A HURRY::::::::

I heard this one being used at the asper orientation speech today... guess all that boring talk wasn\'t a complete waste ^^

First, to start off, this phrase is used when plans or dreams... something that was desired is unable to be fulfilled .. ie... went down the tubes : tubes in this case can be used interchangeably with drain....it applies to the drainage tubes... it is used this way because usually things cannot be retrieved after they have fallen into the drainage tubes. \"In a hurry\" just adds on to the phrase by injecting a sense of urgency into it.

For example \"When I tried those delicious mini doughnuts, my dieting plans just went down the drain.\"
This sentence means that ... my diet is going to fail because i just got addicted to those mini doughnuts.

This phrase can also be applied to studying....
\"When I saw those hot girls at the club, my plans of studying for the final exam just went down the tubes, in a hurry.\" ... I\'m sure lots of guys out there are nodding their heads in agreement here... saying to themselves....so true ... ^^

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-8 09:13:34 | 显示全部楼层
::::::::::::FREEZING MY ASS OFF::::::::::::::::::::

as you can see, the word \" ass \" is being used here ... and it\'s not the \"donkey\" meaning... it refers to someone\'s butt... therefore, this phrase cannot be used in formal circumstances. However, when you are among friends, and you want to describe how cold you are... the phrase can be utilized to show them your displeasure of the coldness that you have exprienced... like what i have gone through today. I wore a tanktop... a decent pair of pants without any holes... and a tweed jacket... and i have been almost driven to the doors at work.... i walked outside for only 1 minute.....i\'m still cold....my hands feel frozen... if i am talking with my friends right now, which i am ... i\'d say... omg, i was freezing my ass off out there...it\'s so damn cold!!

everyone... wear lots today...although it\'s going to warm up...the high\'s a measly 15C ... don\'t get sick ^^

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
网记  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-8 16:36:27 | 显示全部楼层
where did you get all of those stuff?

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-8 18:29:35 | 显示全部楼层
i remember them... when i say it ... or hear others around me say it ...if you pay attention to others, they say these things...quite often ^^

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
蝴蝶的翅膀  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-10 11:38:58 | 显示全部楼层
Haha, I shouldn\'t be lazy around and should check this post frequently. Those are great stuff.
btw. Kanina, just wonder why you went for asper orientation speech, are you a student of management?
蝴蝶是花的灵魂, 回来寻找她的前身...

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-10 15:12:22 | 显示全部楼层
yea... i just got into asper ^^

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
pear  曼省名人  发表于 2006-9-16 20:47:23 | 显示全部楼层
支持支持支持

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对