6071 47
网记  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-21 19:48:27 | 显示全部楼层
me ...need ...got to learn more

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-27 01:53:27 | 显示全部楼层
haha.... i thought of another one today ... `````
\" I can\'t BEAR to XXX\"
Look closely at the spelling, it\'s not BEER.. the drink... or BARE ... to show ... or to reveal....Even if the spelling is the same ... BEAR in this case does not apply to the animal ... in fact, it means to WITHSTAND.... something like to endure....to  忍
for example, you could say something like ... \"I can\'t bear to watch that girl crying in the rain anymore, she\'s been there for hours!\"  By using \"I CAN\'T BEAR...\", you are stating your opinion in a very straight forward fashion, if not forceful....
you can use this phrase to express yourself when you strongly dislike something.... but don\'t over use it ^^
Q(^.^Q)    ♡§мإ Ŀε♡ Ŧăkз м3 ăώǻЎ

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
网记  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-27 03:12:39 | 显示全部楼层
wowo..........
i like it...
you should give us each of those stuff every day or every other day....

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-27 21:18:51 | 显示全部楼层
hehe... i\'ll post new ones as i think of them... or \"come across them\" in real life converstions... haha.. this is great ...
TO ::::COME ACROSS::::::
This one is used quite often. This phrase, of course, cannot be taken at its literal meaning of ... crossing a river, or a road...It is used when one meets something, or someone else.
For example, \"I came across this great pair of lace underwear the other day.\" In that sentence, the phrase to COME ACROSS is being used in past tense, and the sentence means that someone has found a pair of undies that they really like. ^^
It can also be used whe you have met someone ....Example ........
\"I came across Kate the other day, she has lost a lot of weight!\" In this case, came across, is to have seen, talked with, or have spent a brief time with another person ....
PS to come across is usually used in the past tense, when you are describing an object or an event to someone else

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
蝴蝶的翅膀  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-28 11:19:51 | 显示全部楼层
Awesome. Haha, I should check this post frequently, as there is a lot of great stuff to
learn.
蝴蝶是花的灵魂, 回来寻找她的前身...

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
Kanina  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-28 12:49:06 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 蝴蝶的翅膀 于 2006-8-28 11:19 发表
Awesome. Haha, I should check this post frequently, as there is a lot of great stuff to
learn.

I\'m glad that you like it ^^ ... I thought 网记 and I were the only ones reading and writing in it ... haha

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
蝴蝶的翅膀  曼省名人  发表于 2006-8-28 22:51:22 | 显示全部楼层
I guess probably this English corner is very new, but as long as more people will come and read
all the wonderful stuff, , most of people will like it. It just takes some time.
So don\'t worry about it too much. It is just like a procedure of adpoting a child to an independent
adult. It does take time, but the time will be much shorter. I guess if people read all the stuff,
they will see its wonderful future.
蝴蝶是花的灵魂, 回来寻找她的前身...

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
dafeitu  贵宾  发表于 2006-8-28 23:07:48 | 显示全部楼层
good good study, day day up~~

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
bugbug  贵宾  发表于 2006-8-28 23:36:27 | 显示全部楼层
haha! I knew that slang. Directly translation!
前有文叔,后有十三 两者相较,该取其谁 难啊难啊难啊~~~~ buggy的苦恼

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
dafeitu  贵宾  发表于 2006-8-28 23:40:27 | 显示全部楼层
xixi~~~:)

举报 使用道具

回复 支持 反对
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关注

粉丝

主题