张学勇移民公司
微信扫一扫 分享朋友圈

已有 2704 人浏览分享

开启左侧

“味全”食品存在严重卫生问题

[复制链接]
2704 0
Don't see these products in Winnipeg, but be careful when you see them...because...

[zt]
Rat droppings, gnats and flies...how safe is our food?

If you have enjoyed Asian foods and shopped at an Asian grocery store, I hope you haven't bought and used products of a popular brand called "Wei-Chuan."
I have, and plenty of them, over the years, from frozen dumplings to tofu to soy sauce to canned bamboo shoots. That's why my stomach turned when a press release from Attorney General Greg Abbott hit my e-mail yesterday.
The AG charged the Houston-based Asian specialty foods wholesaler Wei-Chuan USA Inc. and its director, Stephen Chen, with violating the state health and safety code, and is seeking civil penalties of up to $25,000 per day per violation of the Texas Food, Drug and Cosmetics Act.
Click here to read the lawsuit.
The press release says state inspectors last year found a litany of sanitary problems with Wei-Chuan's warehouse in northwest Houston and issued a citation and detained all of its contents.
The violations included rodent droppings in, on and around food products, pallets and floors; product packaging that rodents had gnawed through; gnat-like insects and flies, and open doors that allowed vermin to get in the facility. Here are some more details:
The defendants' facility lacks floors, walls and ceilings that can be adequately cleaned and sealed to prevent pests from entering. The defendants also failed to keep the aisles free of debris. Cluttered aisles prevented proprietors and inspectors alike from easily spotting and preventing animal infestations. Wei-Chuan USA also failed to adequately screen openings and otherwise undertake measures to ensure that pests would be kept out of the food storage areas.
The company distributes 900 varieties of foods, including frozen seafood and meats, refrigerated pork sausage, tofu, dry goods such as rice and canned foods, dried milk and beverages. The company's products can be found in Asian food markets throughout Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas and Mississippi, the press release says.
I stopped by several Asian grocery stores in Houston yesterday and found a wide assortment of Wei-Chuan products on their shelves and in their frozen sections as usual. I couldn't tell what foods were pre-packaged before they entered Wei-Chuan's warehouse and what were packaged from bulk at the facility. But if the former, would it mean it could be less of a problem? I don't know.
George Gao, manager of the Wel-Farm Supermarket, Fort Bend's only Asian grocery store at 4635 Highway 6 in Missouri City, said this morning he was shocked at the news. But he said he plans to return all Wei-Chuan products to the company. I hope he is able to do that.
Several questions came to mind: How long had Wei-Chuan been operating under such hair-raising conditions before state inspectors caught it red-handed? What kind of oversight did the government have of the company throughout its business history in Houston? Is this a problem with one brand of foods and with Asian foods only? Are we safe consuming any food and buying from any market nowadays?
I need some serious detox before venturing out to a grocery store again.
对我笑吧,笑吧,就像你我初次见面 对我说吧,说吧,即使誓言明天就变 享用我吧,现在,人生如此漂泊不定 想起我吧,将来,在你变老的那一年 过去岁月总会过去,有你最后的爱情 过去岁月总会过去,有你最后的温情 所有的光芒都向我涌来 所有的氧气都被我吸光 所有的物体都失去重量 我都快已经走到所有路的尽头

举报 使用道具

回复
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关注

粉丝

主题
精彩推荐
热门资讯
网友晒图
图文推荐

维权声明:本站有大量内容由网友产生,如果有内容涉及您的版权或隐私,请点击右下角举报,我们会立即回应和处理。